Valkaama news and coordination of the movie production 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
The way out of the Shadow
Posted by: Hendrik
Date: September 08, 2008 11:58AM

Hi,

a very professional-sounding alternative trailer-track-version is already on its way. The track has been composed by my Finnish friend Matti, I did the lyrics and recently I contacted a fitting singer to vocalize the whole thing. Hopefully, he'll have time and interest. In case he has, the scale on this site might be widened with a great song in October/November. I'll keep you updated.

Tim, tell me, has there been any public reaction after the brief broadcast on Monday so far? Anyone interested in supporting us already?
And what about the photograph-idea to make the end better? Last time you didn't seem to be very supportive towards this idea anymore...?

Anyway. The script of the "Valkama"-book has been sent to a literature company now, so it might be on its way out of the shadow. I'll keep you updated in that, too. Before signing any agreements or contracts (which hopefully will happen in the near future), we have to make sure that book and movie get its space each and that there won't be any restrictions against the movie.

Regards from Gothenburg!

Re: The way out of the Shadow
Posted by:
Date: September 09, 2008 10:12AM

I am looking forward to hear the song you are currently producing smiling smiley

As for the public reaction, yesterday a DPA (German press agency) message has been published. But although some online magazine printed it and the number of visitors on this page is rising, no one has contacted me yet in order to work with us. It seems we just have to wait a bit more.

Concerning the photographs... Since no one here has any contact with Mihal (actor who played the father, he just vanished) anymore, it is not a matter of urgency now because anyway we would have to find someone new. Apart from that I want to leave that topic open for discussion. (Go here)

I hope you'll have success with your book. Maybe the future publisher is even going to support the film project...

Re: The way out of the Shadow
Posted by: Hendrik
Date: September 18, 2008 01:13PM

Good news concerning the alternative title-song of the movie!

As I wrote earlier, the song in itself is ready and now the singer we had in mind, Mr. Ilpo Paasela, joined and agreed to do the vocal-lines for the track.
I'm happy and proud at the same time that we get support from the great Helsinki-music-scene. Matti and Ilpo are terribly good at what they're doing and I consider this pretty much as an exclusive collaboration. We should feel honored about their input.

The song is called "Heaven Still Shines Through" and will be finalized during the next 2-3 weeks.

Feel free to check out the 2 gentlemen's main bands to get an image of what you can expect:

www.myspace.com/shamrain (Matti Reinola, songwriter, all instruments + programming on the track)

www.myspace.com/thechantofficial (Ilpo Paasela, vocalist on the track)

I'm also in touch with Shamrain-guitarist Kalle Pyyhtinen who agreed to let us use some soundtrack-like gloomy material in the movie. More info later.

Cheers from Gothenburg!

This forum is powered by Phorum ... http://www.phorum.org